See our right-hand column for announcements and news briefs. Scroll down the right-hand column to access the Archives -- links to articles posted in the main column since 2007. See details about our site, including a way to comment, in the yellow text above the Archives.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Update from Sen. Levin on letter received at Saginaw office

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., released the following statement today to update the public on the situation at his Saginaw office:

"Law enforcement officials are performing tests on the suspicious letter that was delivered to my Saginaw office. We do not expect to learn at least a preliminary result of those tests until late tonight or tomorrow. The staffer who discovered the letter is being kept overnight at a local hospital for precautionary reasons, but has no symptoms. We do not know yet if the letter has any connection to suspicious mail sent to other public officials. I want to repeat how grateful I am to local, state and federal authorities who reacted so quickly and professionally, and especially to my Saginaw staff for being so vigilant.

"As a precaution, my Saginaw office will remain closed until further notice. Residents who would ordinarily contact my Saginaw office should contact my office in Detroit at (313) 226-6020."

No comments: