Keweenaw sunset with freighter. Photo taken near Keweenaw Tip on Isle Royale Queen IV during Reading the Landscape cruise June 30. (Photo © 2007 Michele Anderson)
HANCOCK -- Readers, Keweenaw Now is extending the photo contest through Sept. 7, 2007. Just in case you capture that great view of Lake Superior during the Labor Day weekend, it will still be eligible! Here again are the rules of the contest:
1. By entering the contest, you give us permission to publish your photo on this blog with your name (or a nickname, if you prefer). Email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Sept. 7, 2007.
2. Email your photo as a jpeg file of 1.5 MB or less. We may publish a smaller version of the photo with a click to the larger version. Send us the larger one.
3. The photo should express a personal, environmental, economic or spiritual connection people have to Lake Superior in one of the following 3 categories: wildlife, landscape or stewardship/education (e.g., cleaning a beach, leaving it cleaner than you find it, learning about the lake, etc.) Photos of local beaches ecologically connected to Lake Superior -- such as Hancock, Houghton or Chassell on the Portage Canal -- are acceptable as entries.
4. Please send only one photo for one category (You may submit up to 3 photos if they are in different categories.)
5. Do not post your photo on the blog. Email it to us. Only the 6 best photos will be posted, two in each category. The prize is having your photo posted on our new Keweenaw Now Blog.
6. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter.
7. If you have questions, comment on this post.