Thursday, July 23, 2009

MTU students to hold Car Wash / Raffle July 24-25

HOUGHTON -- The Michigan Tech University chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity are holding a Car Wash/Raffle fundraiser from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, July 24, and from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 25, at Sounds and Motion, 1208 Memorial Rd., Houghton.

The car wash is free, but donations are accepted. This is a fund-raising event. Donations will go toward the chapter's trip to its Regional Leadership Conference. Individuals donating $2 or more will be entered in a raffle for prizes valued from $10 to $100. The drawing will take place July 26, and winners will be contacted.

Gift awards are primarily provided by Sounds and Motion.

For more information, email Kingsley Iduma at or Perry Wilson at


quba said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to

say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Keweenaw Now said...

Thanks for reading it, Betty. We welcome your comments on any article.