CALUMET -- Celebrating Keweenaw’s Musical Roots, a variety show with an ethnic theme, will be presented at 7 p.m. TONIGHT, Aug. 30, at the Keweenaw Heritage Center at St. Anne’s (corner of 5th and Scott Streets) in Calumet.
Performers will include the following:
* Susan Rokicki, piano and Robin Oye, flute/recorder -- Norwegian tunes
* Luke Lussenden, guitar and vocal -- German folk song
* Emma and Carrie Dlutkowski, fiddles -- Irish, Finnish and French-Canadian tunes
* Mark Oliver, vocal -- Irish and Irish-American songs
* David Bezotte and Evan Dixon, guitar and vocal -- French-Canadian songs
* John and Tom Katalin, accordion, guitar, vocal -- Croatian dance tunes
* Tom Katalin, guitar and vocal, singing an original composition written as a tribute to his grandparents.
The audience will have opportunities to sing along, and refreshments from the Conglomerate Café will be available for purchase following the performance. A free-will offering will be taken to benefit the Keweenaw Heritage Center’s accessibility project.