HOUGHTON -- Calling all fans of international cuisine! Khana Khazana (Food Treasure) will serve food from six countries, plus FREE Finnish ice cream, to celebrate its second anniversary Friday, Feb. 3. This special lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Michigan Tech Memorial Union Food Court.
Here is the exotic menu (clockwise from lower left of poster):
- Iranian Barley Soup -- a creamy soup with a delicate mix of delicious flavors.
- Japanese egg roll -- a traditional Japanese family food popular for decades.
- Indian Paneer tikka masala -- soft, juicy chunks of paneer marinated in Tandoori masala and then grilled with veggies, straight from India's most popular barbeque "Tandoor."
- Thai Nam Tok Nuaa -- fresh, spicy Thai grilled tender juicy beef mixed with herbs and toasted rice.
- Chinese Blanc Mushroom with baby pakchoi -- a simple but delicious family dish.
- And a FREE dessert: Finnish Puolukka-kinuskijäätelö --a delicious homemade ice cream with traditional Finnish lingonberry.
Only $6 for a full meal that includes dishes from all six countries and FREE Finnish ice cream!
Khana Khazana, an international lunch that began at Michigan Tech in the spring semester of 2010, is a collaboration of Michigan Tech international students and Michigan Tech Dining Services. It was recently featured in an article about unusual campus food at colleges and universities. Click here to read the article, which appeared in New York, Boston and Philadelphia newspapers.