COPPER HARBOR -- The Keweenaw Adventure Company shuttle for downhill mountain bike runs in Copper Harbor will be running from noon-5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31, and from 10 a.m. to noon and again from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1, taking a mid-afternoon break as not to interfere with the Enduro race. $10 special day pass rate for Saturday!
No shuttles on Sunday, Sept. 2, due to the Copper Country Trails Festival all day cross-country mountain bike race. Saturday and Sunday afternoon shuttle services will resume on Saturday, Sept. 8, from noon - 5 p.m. until at least mid-October.
Volunteers still needed for Copper Country Trails Festival
While the big pieces are in place, volunteers are still needed to round things out for the Copper Country Trails Festival mountain bike race Saturday, Sept. 1, and Sunday, Sept. 2, in Copper Harbor. In particular, due to the format change in which the bikers will actually be racing through Copper Harbor as opposed to the parade roll out in the past, a good number of volunteers are needed to help from 1:30 p.m. until approximately 2:15 p.m. at intersections and parking lots in town.
Please email Sam Raymond, race director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with any of the following needs:
(28) Course Marshalls (traffic, racer and parking management...most at start, several at the end of the race)
(6) Cookout (2 p.m. - 5 p.m., 3 p.m. - 6 p.m., and 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
(6) Beer Garden Security (2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.)
(1) Backboard/Gurney Rescue Team (must be physically fit)
(14) Jr. Trails Festival (12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., before the XC race!)
(7) Parking/Spectator Access Management for Saturday's Enduro (12:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
"Again thanks to everyone who has already committed!" Raymond says. "Hoping more volunteers will come forward to assist in making the Trails Festival another successful event!"
Click here to read about the Copper Country Trails Festival and see the schedule.
Click here to register on line.
Note: The band Steppin' In It will play during the After Party beginning at 11 p.m. Sunday at Zik's Bar.