Born and raised in Ripley, John Laitinen is a long-time resident of Franklin Township who has served 14 years as Trustee and understands the needs of Township residents.
His past experience supporting Franklin Township residents includes the following:
- He worked on roads and streets dealing with infrastructure issues.
- He worked on the Quincy Smelter restoration project.
- Laitinen is now on the Keweenaw National Historical Park committee to improve the smelter property.
- He is also on the committee working with the Township Board to get sewage service to Quincy Hill and Ripley.
- Laitinen is responsible for maintenance of the Township office and grounds.