Beginning at 4:30 p.m. CDT (5:30 p.m. EDT), DNR staff will present division reports on current DNR projects and business and answer questions from council members and the public. The council meeting will immediately follow from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. CDT (6 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT).
Agenda items include:
- 2013 deer season forecast
- Update on wolf hunting season
- Upper Peninsula Deer Advisory Team report
- Update on status of hunting and fishing license fee restructuring
- Public comment (for public comment instructions, see www.michigan.gov/upcac)
The council members represent a wide variety of natural resource and recreation stakeholders and interest groups. Agenda items are set by the council members, and council recommendations are forwarded to the DNR for consideration.
CAC meetings are open to the public. If you would like to be considered as a future CAC member, please fill out the nomination form found on the DNR website at www.michigan.gov/upcac. For more information, contact DNR Upper Peninsula Regional Coordinator Stacy Welling Haughey at 906-228-6561.