See our right-hand column for announcements and news briefs. Scroll down the right-hand column to access the Archives -- links to articles posted in the main column since 2007. See details about our site, including a way to comment, in the yellow text above the Archives.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

State Representative Scott Dianda re-elected to 110th House District seat

LANSING -- Election results at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, according to Upper Michigan Source (WLUC-TV6 in Marquette), report that 110th District State Rep. Scott Dianda (D-Calumet) has defeated Republican challenger Greg Markkanen 63 percent to 37 percent, with 100 percent of precincts reporting. Dianda received 23,526 votes and Markkanen 14,015 votes.   

Rep. Dianda issued this statement on the election results:

"From Copper Harbor to Crystal Falls and Ironwood to Ishpeming Township, I am humbled by the people of the 110th House District for continuing to put their faith in me as their representative. When I was first elected in 2012, I went down to Lansing to fight for good-paying jobs, deliver a good education to our children, and secure affordable energy rates for families and small businesses. I look forward to continuing that fight in Lansing to build a stronger and more prosperous U.P. that works for everyone. I would like to thank my opponent, Greg Markkanen, for running a clean and respectable campaign. But above all, I want to thank my supporters. This election belongs to all of you. You have entrusted me to represent our U.P. values and I will continue to ensure our voice is heard in Lansing."

Inset photo: State Rep. Scott Dianda (D-Calumet). (Photo courtesy Scott Dianda

No comments: