Imagine Election -- http://www.imagineelection.com -- the nonpartisan voter information website, has just announced the public launch of its free nationwide ballot lookup solution. Voters can use their address or zip code to search for candidates who will appear on their ballot for the upcoming midterm elections on Nov. 2, 2010. The service covers candidates for Senate and Congress as well as candidates for state-level executive, legislative and judicial offices in all fifty states. It cuts through the maze of district boundaries to help voters figure out exactly which candidates are relevant to them.
Here are some of the Web site's features:
* Candidate lists for federal, state, and some local elections in 50 states
* User friendly -- just type in address or zip code or browse by state
* Summary campaign finance information to provide additional context
* Candidate profiles include automatic Google Search
* Information on how to register to vote, where to vote, and what to bring
* Links to ballot measures for each state and other online resources
* Candidates can publish profiles with a picture, bio and experience
* Citizens can publish user reviews about candidates
Imagine Election was founded by Summer Nemeth, 29, who tried to make sense of the political junk mail she received before the 2006 midterm election and thought, "there must be a better way." She realized voters can't Google a name if they don't know it, and that's why political information has stayed stuck in the dark ages of junk mail and lawn signs instead of moving online.... Read more ...
Go to Imagine Election.com and just type in your zip code for this helpful nonpartisan info.